Automotive Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code (8500)
$75,000.00 - $95,000.00
$0.00 - $0.00
Must have stable job history
Must have 4 year degree
Plant Manufacturing Engineer Summary:
· The Plant Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical support for the manufacturing facility.
· They will work in a team-oriented environment to reduce scrap, improve quality, safety, etc.
· Successful candidate must be hands-on with equipment and machinery and be able to work with production associates.
Plant Manufacturing Engineer duties & responsibilities:
· Determine and review all manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness and feasibility.
· Utilize hands-on mechanical and technical skills to help diagnose and repair machinery and manufacturing problems.
· Communicates with suppliers on products and process concerns.
· Evaluate efficiencies, machine capabilities and limitations, process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
· Interacts with customers relative to design, improvement or quality issues.
· Works closely with production associates to solve problems and continuously improve processes.
· Investigates, suggests, and implements cost saving projects or value added engineered projects.
· Verify all product critical characteristics are addressed and validated.
· Troubleshoots machines and equipment.
· Updates work instructions, FMEA’s, control plans and capability studies.
· Assists with work cell layouts.
· Maintain a current Plant Layout.
· Analyzes and designs layout of equipment.
· Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.
· Must have working experience in a manufacturing assembly facility.
· Strong proficiency with computer skills especially AutoCAD.
· Excellent communications skills.
· Excellent business ethics and integrity.