A US based, global manufacturer of several different types of industrial machinery, automation and robotic systems has a division located near Hickory, NC and that business unit is looking for design engineering talent.
One of their needs is for a degreed (BS or AAS) ME that will spend 70% of their time on 3-D CAD - Solidworks / new product design / redesign type projects. The remaining 30% will be spent on the project engineering end working with vendors / procurement teams and functioning as the go to person for technical questions and final inspections.
The 2nd role is also focused on design, but will encompass both mechanical and PLC responsibilities. The company is looking to hire someone that can be the go to person for electrical questions, as well as work on PLC and HMI design and interfacing, all code, CE and CSA issues AND be involved in mechanical component design and entering info into the ERP system. BS / AAS ME or EE degree highly desired.