Compass Systems and Sales, LLC is seeking an Engineering Project Manager who will manage installation projects at customer sites.
As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Interfacing with key stakeholders (customers, vendors, contractors, Compass Sales, engineering staff, and others) to ensure project objectives are achieved in the most efficient manner possible
- Utilizing engineering knowledge to provide technical project support as needed
- Reviewing and approving engineering drawings
- Communicating engineering and project changes to Compass Systems management and other stakeholders
- Ensuring proper use of applicable engineering standards and work processes
- Helping develop, manage, and improve procedures to promote safe and efficient work processes and designs
- Simplify work processes and eliminate non-value-added work
- Complete projects per the project schedule and requests from customers with strong focus on achieving project budget commitments and ensuring revenue is recovered for scope changes
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and contractors
This position emphasizes organization, planning, leadership skills with knowledge of many engineering disciplines.
This role includes a maximum of 25% travel in the continental United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline from an accredited four year college or university
- 5 or more years of related experience
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and leadership skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of Navisworks, Autodesk Inventor, and Microsoft applications (including MS Project)
- Design engineering experience for proper and efficient standard design
- Experience in managing standard customer station installations or modifications to existing systems from the proposal phase through implementation
- Exposure to and knowledge of pneumatics is preferred, but not required
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred, but not required
Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization
- Cutting edge technology
- Collaborative work environment
- 9/80 Work schedule (every other Friday off!)
Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer