Fabrication Supervisor -2nd shift
A rapidly growing high-mix / low-volume machine shop, that is highly innovative with lots of value and upside, needs a Fabrication Supervisor to lead a team of 2nd shift workers. This Fabrication Supervisor will manage the major operating areas including Material Cut (Saws, Laser), various Mills (Horizontal, Vertical), Lathes, Welding, and Painting. The Fabrication Supervisor will providing coaching, feedback and mentoring to their team and be actively involved in the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, or Business majors (strongly preferred)
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years’ hand on supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing
- Experience in high mix, low volume machining and fabrication environment
- Experience with NC Machining operations, manual machining, laser cutters and industrial saws
- Familiarity with Welding and Painting (powder coat, wet paint)
- Experience working in an ISO facility.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to achieve safety, quality, and on-time delivery goals
- Ability to hold others accountable and make performance improvements.
- Achieve company standards for safety, quality, unit cost and on time delivery
- Develop and maintain performance metrics as needed and drive improvements in efficiency, productivity, and product quality
- Participate in continuous improvement events and implement best practices
- Adhere to ISO standards and conduct periodic quality audits
- Implement and maintain cross-training programs for Machinists
- Proactively ensure safety compliance and audits
- Work with Sourcing Department to resolve any material shortages
- Coordinate with Scheduling and Product Control to create workable weekly schedules
- Monitor product standards and look for opportunities to improve