We are searching for a well-rounded Mechanical Project Engineer who has experience with heavy industrial equipment products that involve moving parts; ie pumps, piping, valves, valve sequencing, etc. They will be directly responsible for the overall view on mechanical engineering of assigned projects such as planning, project engineering, layouts, and cost control. The Mechanical Engineering Manager this person will be reporting to is a solid manager that wants his employees to succeed and to grow. Since this is a global company, there are many opportunities for advancement both within this division, as well as others. The ideal candidate is an engineer who gets things done, had shown to take initiative and welcomes customer interaction.
- Generates and review project layout drawings, specifications and scope.
- Supports Project Management and Sales to assure customer and contract satisfaction while maintaining hardware integrity.
- Ensures total design traceability of standard equipment as well as specific project related modifications.
- Works closely with Project Management, Electrical Engineering and Process Engineering to coordinated interfaces for hardware compatibility.
- Specifies, selects, recommends and approves buy-out items and auxiliary components.
- Recommends cost savings alternatives through value engineering techniques.
- Supports Purchasing and Quality Control in determining vendor hardware acceptability.
- Attends project meetings with customers, engineers, vendors and manufacturers.
- Approves/certifies mechanical design calculations.
- Initiates mechanical Bills of Materials through established policies and procedures for release to production.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and correct potential mechanical problems as well as communicate corrective actions to appropriate parties.
** Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident **
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of five years related experience.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical needs at all levels of personnel and management.
- Experience with machine/fabrication shop techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of cost estimating procedures.
- Capable of providing value engineering judgments.
- Knowledge of engineering Bills of Material structure.
- Strong emphasis on the ability to organize and manage. Ability to multitask is a must.
- AUTOCAD SolidWorks and Microsoft Office software knowledge.