Retained search for Kaishan Compressors to locate a (SR) Manufacturing Engineer for their new plant startup operation in Daphne, Alabama.
Move to beach and live in one of the top places in the USA to raise kids and has also been ranked as "top places in USA to retire"!
Kaishan is the 4th largest compressor manufacturer in the World and just broke ground on a new 60k square foot facility.
This role will be heavily involved in the start up, lean processes, layout and many other exciting opportunities to be involved in all aspects versus being stuck in a single role with a single responsibility.
Come be part of something unique. The leadership team leads with empathy, encourages their staff and looks to help grow their employees both professionally and personally.
***ALL RESUMES ARE KEPT IN STRICT CONFIDENCE AND ONLY THOSE THAT ARE ALIGNED WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
(SR) Manufacturing Engineer – Processes
Basic Job Description
This person will be directly involved in developing, evaluating and improving manufacturing processes to ensure company production and quality standards are maintained.
This person will be heavily involved in the plant layout, start up, 1st run, line balancing and NPD and NPI processes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops assembly process for industrial compressors in a high mix low volume environment.
- Plans work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout, utilizing LEAN methodologies.
- Understand plant layout and material flow concepts including warehousing fundamentals
- Specifies, purchases and coordinates installation of material handling equipment including Jibs and cranes and other equipment, materials, tooling, and gaging needed to perform operations.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Creates detailed manufacturing work instructions.
- Trains shop floor team members on production processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Determines root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluate products per design data and quality standards.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Confer with maintenance staff to troubleshoot production equipment issues.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering with coursework in the manufacturing processor industrial engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a plant, manufacturing highly engineered products
- LEAN and/orSix Sigma Certification desired.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and standards, schematics, blueprints, and legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and work instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, coach, and train shop floor team members on processing information.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond professionally to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and other public groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Self-directing with the ability to manage assigned projects.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Proficiency with CAD,Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ERP systems
ONLY 13% OF APPLICANTS READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING. CONGRATULATIONS FOR REALIZING THIS IS NOT A JOB, BUT A CAREER OPPORTUNITY.